Recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake sent in by: Granny Dumplin
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cheesecake:
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups digestive crumbs (ginger nut crumbs can be used or 50/50 mix)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 x 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces cooked pumpkin(steamed in micro wave with a little water & sugar, use 15 oz strained weight)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Topping:
- 2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Method for Pumpkin Cheesecake:
For the Crust:
- Combine crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl.
- Press into bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes. (Do not allow to brown).
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
For for cheesecake:
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk.
- Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg, beating well.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until edge is set but centre still moves slightly.
For for topping:
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla in small bowl; mix well.
- Spread over surface of warm cheesecake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Chill for several hours or overnight.