Ingredients for Stir-Fried French Beans with Almonds:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) French beans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, mixed with 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 oz (56 g) toasted almonds
Method for Stir-Fried French Beans with Almonds :
- Top and tail the beans and cut in half if very long.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan and add the beans. Sir and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes, then add the sugar and wine.
- Simmer for another couple of minutes, then stir in the cornflour and soy sauce mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the beans until lightly coated with the sauce. Add the almonds and toss.
- Serve hot.
This Stir-Fried French Beans with Almonds Recipe serves 4. It can also be made with prepared runner beans if you have those to hand.