Ingredients for Green Beans with Herbs and Cheese:
- 1 lb (450 g) green beans – either french or runner
- 1 oz (14 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Grated nutmeg if liked
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Method for Green Beans with Herbs and Cheese:
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan, stir in half the parsley, the chives and crushed garlic. Cook for 1 minute until infused.
- Top and tail the beans if french and cut in half if too long. Cut runner beans into 2″ (5 cm) slices. Add the beans to the pan and season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir for about 8 minutes until the beans are just tender and piping hot. If using previously frozen and blanched beans, less time will be required.
- Add the grated cheese and lightly stir through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
A tasty side dish or part of a main course meal. Serves 4.