Submitted by Mary Martin
- 1 lb carrots
- 3 oz uncooked rice
- 4oz broken cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 large spanish onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs oil
- 6 oz grated parsnip
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme and sage
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- Cook and mash the carrots. Sweat parsnips, onion and garlic in oil.
- Cook rice.
- Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper
- Put in 2 lb loaf tin lined with baking parchment. Cook for 45 mins at 200 C (you can roast potatoes at the same time).
- Serve with gravy.
- Freezes well.
I make the above and freeze half uncooked for another day.
Makes enough for 6.