Submitted by Giselle Dosen
This is a super chocolate cake. So easy to prepare, and very delicious to taste. Kids just love this cake, and everyone of my friends wanted the recipe to make on a very regular basis. You will love it too. You will find that this cake will mix perfectly if the butter is very soft , but not runny, prior to mixing.
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 168 gr (6oz) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or strawberry essence
- Grease and flour a 10 inch cake tin for this recipe.
- Put all ingredients in mixer and beat for 6 mins.
- Bake 175 C (350 F) for 1 hour, or until cake is done when tested with a skewer.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Ice with chocolate icing or chocolate ganache.
Serves 10-12. It is a very large cake