Marrow & Courgette Chutney Recipe submitted by David
This chutney goes lovely with cheese or cold meats. Best to leave in a cool, dark place for 2 – 3 weeks at least before consuming.
Ingredients for Marrow & Courgette Chutney :
- 1 kg marrow
- 500 g courgette
- 1 large onion
- 1 large cooking apple
- 250 g raisins
- 1 tbsp of mustard seed
- 125 g golden granulated sugar
- 1 pint of malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp of salt
Method for Marrow & Courgette Chutney:
- Peel & chop marrow in to small cubes, don’t forget to remove seeds.
- Peel & roughly chop courgette and apples, don’t forget to take out apple core.
- Finely chop onion.
- Put all your chopped stuff in to a big pan with raisins, salt, mustard seed, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to the boil slowly then simmer gently, don’t cover pan with lid.
- When mixture is cooked and thick pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
Leave mixture in cool, dark place for 2 – 3 weeks before consuming. Like most chutneys, kept in properly sterilized and sealed jars this will keep for at least a year in a cool dark place. Once opened, keep in the fridge and try to use within 4 weeks.
Goes lovely with cheese or cold meats.
General Chutney Making Information