- 6 medium corn cobs
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- half teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pint white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4oz sugar
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 small-med red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1lb runner beans, sliced and cut into 1inch pieces
- Cook cobs in boiling water 3mins then plunge into cold water. Cut kernels from cobs.
- Make a paste with the flour, mustard, turmeric and 2 tabsp vinegar.
- Heat rest of vinegar with salt and sugar, then stir the paste into hot vinegar.
- Add chopped onions, peppers, beans and sweetcorn to vinegar.
- Simmer 20 mins for crispy veg, 30 mins for tender. I do 25 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Pot into hot clean jars.