An easy to make chocolate trifle for anyone that does not like traditional trifles. If you’re making it for children, replace the coffee with half a cup of fruit juice.
Serves at least 4 and requires no cooking apart from making the custard.
Ingredients for Cousin Mary’s Chocolate Trifle :
- Chocolate Swiss Roll
- 1 tsp Coffee
- 1 pint of custard
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Whipped cream and chocolate flakes to decorate
Method for Cousin Mary’s Chocolate Trifle:
- Cut up the Swiss roll and lay in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Pour over half a cup of black coffee or fruit juice and leave to soak.
- Make up a pint of custard adding a tablespoon cocoa powder and pour over.
- Leave in the fridge to set.
- Decorate with the whipped cream and chocolate flakes.
You can get away with a tin of custard and squirty cream for the top!