Ingredients for African Sweet Potato Stew:
- 1 onion
- 4 tbsp oil
- garlic and ginger to taste
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 oz sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- ½ pint passata
- ½ pint vegetable stock
- 8 oz spinach leaves
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (optional but does add something to the taste)
- chopped coriander
Method for African Sweet Potato Stew:
- Chop onion and fry in 3 tbsp of oil with ginger, garlic and cayenne.
- Add curry paste and cook for 1 min.
- Add diced potatoes. Add passata and stock. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Shred spinach leaves. Heat remaining oil and fry mushrooms and then add to potatoes with the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix a few spoonfuls of juice to peanut butter (if using) to loosen it and then add to potatoes.
- Add coriander and serve with rice or quinoa.