Prune, Apple and Walnut Chutney Recipe submitted by Chris
Ingredients for Prune, Apple and Walnut Chutney :
- 650g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into even sized chunks
- 125g Shallots, finely sliced
- 220g Prunes, quartered
- 2cm Root ginger
- 50g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 125g Light muscovado sugar
- 200ml White wine vinegar
- pinch of mixed spice
- pinch of salt
Method for Prune, Apple and Walnut Chutney:
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy based pan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer uncovered until thick ( 50-60 mins).
- Pour into sterilised jars and leave for 8 weeks to allow the flavours to develop.
Like most chutneys, kept in properly sterilized and sealed jars this will keep for at least a year in a cool dark place. Once opened, keep in the fridge and try to use within 4 weeks.
General Chutney Making Information