This is a recipe I’ve adapted from an old book and it’s worked good enough for everyone to be eating it without going YUK. I’ve made it several times now and it’s worked each time so here goes.
Ingredients for Pineapple & Courgette Jam :
- 1lb 12oz or there about peeled courgettes. If really big take out seeds before weighing.
- Juice 2 lemons
- 1 tin Tesco (or another supermarkets) value pineapple pieces, drained. The tin says 540g, drained weight 340g
- 1 Kg (2lb 2oz) bag Silver Spoon Jam Sugar (that’s sugar with added pectin)
Method for Pineapple & Courgette Jam:
- Put peeled courgettes in food processor and blast until almost chopped.
- Add drained pineapple and give a short blast to finish. It needs to be fine but not too fine but not pulp.
- Scrape into jam pan, add lemon juice and sugar. Give it a good stir to get the juices running.
- Put on a low heat and stir until all the sugar granules have melted then bring to boil and boil fast for 4 minutes only.
That’s it. Pot into hot sterilized jars and seal.
It’s not bad, honest.
For More Information on Making Jam