Marrow Soup Recipe
Marrow Soup Recipe Submitted by Maria
Ingredients for Marrow Soup:
- 1 marrow
- 2 onions
- garlic (optional, use as much as you like)
- any other unused vegetables lurking in the fridge
- stock (fresh or a cube) – amount dependent on size of marrow but at least 2 pints
Method for Marrow Soup:
- Chop and de-seed marrow, chop other vegetables, saute in butter or olive for 5 minutes, add stock and season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- When everything is cooked through cool and liquidise. The marrow makes the soup quite creamy but you can swirl in some cream if desired. Add a little chilli sauce to spice up the soup.
- Another variation is to chop the vegetables into quite small pieces and cook in the same way, but do not liquidise or add cream, instead add some cooked rice or soup noodles/mini pasta.