Easy to make and freezes well especially in empty plastic milk containers. Delicious served with a sprinkling of Lemon Pepper and crusty bread
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 350g/12oz sliced courgettes
- 140g/5oz potato sliced, old or new
- 425ml/¾ pint chicken or vegetable stock
- 300ml/½ pint milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in pan, add onions and garlic. Cook gently for 5 minutes
- Add cumin and coriander, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add courgettes, potato, stock and milk. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15mins or until soft.
- Leave to cool, then liquidise until preferred consistency