Ingredients for Courgette, Tomato and Potato Pie:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1½ lbs (750g) courgettes, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 medium sized tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1½ (750g) potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper
Method for Courgette, Tomato and Potato Pie:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add the onions and courgettes and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crushed garlic, tomatoes, tomato purée and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes and then turn into a 2½ pint (1.5 litre) casserole dish.
- Beat the potatoes with the spring onions, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over the courgette and tomato mixture to cover.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C) for 30 to 40 minutes until golden.
Serves 4 as a main dish.
Freezes well. The best way is to cook it fully and then re-heat in a microwave or covered in the oven.