Rhubarb Mousse Recipe Submitted by GreenOwl
A very easy to make, sweet yet tart creamy dessert that is eaten chilled.
Ingredients for Rhubarb Mousse:
- 1 small tin of evaporated milk
- 1 lb rhubarb (sliced)
- 1 packet of raspberry jelly granules
Method for Rhubarb Mousse:
- Chill small tin of evaporated milk in fridge.
- Cook 1lb of sliced rhubarb gently with 2 tbsp of water and sugar to taste (2 oz?).
- Purée and add packet of raspberry jelly granules.
- Mix well and chill in fridge until almost set.
- Whisk evaporated milk until thick and creamy.
- Mix in rhubarb purée (reserving 2 tbsp). Stir through reserved 2 tbsp to create a ripple effect. Chill until set.